Why Become Mentor ?
To be successful in any field, aspiring leaders require role models and guidance. This is especially true in today’s business climate. Being a mentor is more important than ever – and you will get more out of the relationship than you think!
The Mission of Our Mentoring Program
Generation Success Mentoring Program strives to utilize the skills and experience of professionals and entrepreneurs in order to educate, empower and encourage our members to realise their full career potential and acquire new skills.
As a mentor, you will be able to develop your skills in leadership, communication and coaching. While also contributing to the growth of a mentee, who you will be helping to achieve their dreams within the professional working environment.
About our Mentees
- Our mentees are career oriented, ambitious and determined people aged 18+
- They lack professional networks and guidance
- Encountered A Mentorship Opportunity Like The One We Are Offering!
- Feel that they are being held back from bigger roles and responsibilities
- Need your guidance to achieve their ambitions
Benefits to You as a Mentor
- Obtain personal satisfaction from making a difference to the career development of another person.
- Enhance your people skills in areas such as leadership, interpersonal skills and communication.
- Increase your professional networks.
- Hear fresh perspectives from future members of your profession.
- Increase your profile and the profile of your organisation among our mentees, business leaders and stakeholders.
An effective mentor has the following characteristics:
- Desire to share information, expertise and experience and to act as a resource
- Ability to recognise and encourage the mentee’s potential
- Willingness to invest time and effort in the mentoring relationship and fulfill the agreed commitments
- Ability to give and receive constructive and honest feedback
- Commitment to assisting the mentee in their decision-making processes by listening, sharing and reviewing options
- Willingness to facilitate networking opportunities through professional contacts.
A minimum of 1 hour a month for 6 months. The mentoring sessions can be face to face or virtual based on your availability.
How To Get Involved
The program is open to industry professionals and entrepreneurs. There is no minimum experience level required, and having the mindset to inspire and give advice to mentees where applicable.
If you are interested in our mentoring program, please register your interest from the link below