Career City Conference Meets Breaking Barriers 2019 is a one day conference designed to bridge the career aspiration gap between high performing students from low socioeconomic backgrounds and companies looking for diverse talent.
The day will feature workshops and talks held by the UK’s most senior leaders. There will be an employer zone for attendees to meet employers and hear about opportunities that they have available.
What makes Career City Conference special is the fact that attendees will have to apply to attend. They will be selected based on their grades and social economic data. Meaning that the attendees who will be present are those who truly need the opportunities.
Companies who exhibit and take part in the day will benefit from engaging with a diverse talent pool, that is hungry, educated and stem from a catchment pool that they are currently not reaching.
Our goal after the event is to benefit as many attendees with mentoring and career days delivered in partnership with our corporate sponsors.
- 9 am Registration and pre-event networking
- 9.30 am Welcome and Opening Remarks (in LT) and Keynotes
- 10.30 am Break out session 1 (skills/session)
- 11.30 am Break out Session 2 (skills/session)
- 12.30 pm Lunch & Speed Mentoring & Meet the employers
- 1.30 pm Making it happen (break out) – Industry focused sessions
Please note entrepreneurship will also be a stream
- 2.30 pm Meet the recruiters (breakout session) / Startup advisers (Stay within industry classes)
- 4 pm Final Keynotes and Closing remarks
- 5 pm Networking
- 6 pm Event close
Our aims: Network, Learning, Achieving
- To connect underprivileged but high performing students to companies looking to hire diverse talent
- Identifying strong business leaders from the community to share their career stories and the struggles they faced to get to where they are now.
- To inspire and help attendees move forward with their career path.
- Showcase career options and opportunities available
1) Direct access to Leading figures
2) Top and secret tips about career progression.
3) Diversity of audience
4) Speakers who are inspiring and want to inspire other people (paying it forward)
5) Casual welcoming atmosphere
6) Opportunity to sign up to our mentoring program
There will also be a chance to WIN a free hour mentoring session with one of our mentors as a raffle prize.